Tuesday, February 2, 2010

WELCOME TO THE CRUZ
Story by Billy Marshall Stoneking
The Group - Issue #4



Poets are driven by images. In 1997, the image of the poet-in-exile had great appeal. It took over my life. Setting out from Australia, I had no way of knowing where my nose would ultimately take me; I didn't even know exactly what I was looking for. Salvation? Peace? All I knew for sure was that I was going on a very long journey, seeking - like some latter-day Ishmael - my own transcendental masthead. Halfway between the masthead and the deck I found myself in Santa Cruz, ensconced in an expandable trailer in the Blue & Gold Mobile Home Park, with my old, philosophy teacher and mentor, Edwin Field. Was this to be an adventure or the beginning of a nervous breakdown?

Link:
http://www.facebook.com/l/f4d32;billystoneking.blogspot.com/2009/11/welcome-to-cruz.html

No comments:

Post a Comment